Friday, December 19, 2008

crookedlist: ghosts

TOP 5 CROOKED GHOSTS

5. mitzvah crookedmaus
we killed this mouse because she made us feel dumb and now, every night, her essence sits cross leggéd on the oatmeal, weeping and strumming a lyre made of nightmares.

4. chilly willy peen


3. 15th and Chestnut
I was on the 12th floor and needed to go to the 1st. I rang for the elevator and when it arrived it had an arrow pointing down. I stepped in alone and pressed 1. The elevator went up to the 14th floor, didn't open and then stopped on the 13th floor. The doors opened and no one got on.

2. the ghost on the stairs
One night I was walking up the crooked steps that lead to Cesar and I's rooms, when I was startled as though I had run into someone walking down. I didn't have the physical sensation of running into a person but was taken aback / shocked like I would have been if I had suddenly bumped into someone I hadn't seen coming down the stairs. I yelped.

1. Ziggy
As William Penn was the mastamind behind 9/11, Ziggy is the patron saint of Crooked. He only exists at 7 am and only appears to me, but Cesar and Nikki can hear him. He's not actually dead but he will be one day and for that we salute him. He built this weird house.

3 comments:

cesar said...

Notable mention: St. Martin of the Shake.

cald said...

don't forget tom, the weed smoking masterbating ghost.

cald said...

- nikki